Dogzily.com – Best Vitamin for Betta Fish: Betta fish are small ornamental fish with attractive characteristics of color, tail shape and fins. The way to care for betta fish so they grow up fast is to give them nutritious food twice a day. Apart from that, you also need to give him vitamins.
One of the benefits of giving vitamins is to accelerate the color mutation of fish to make it more beautiful. This article will discuss how to choose good vitamins for betta fish. We also provide recommendations for betta fish vitamin brands, such as SG Fish, Koukkai, and Betta Mastery. This article has been reviewed by our betta fish businessman, Fauzi Nasution.
Collaborating With Experts: How to choose Vitamins for Betta Fish
What can be taken into consideration in choosing vitamins for betta fish? Check out the points on how to choose it below.
① Decide by type
Generally there are two types of betta fish vitamins that are sold in marketplaces, namely liquid and solid types. Come on, see the difference!
Liquid: Practically drops, suitable for pet betta fish
Liquid type vitamins are the most common betta fish vitamins and you can find them in the marketplace. These vitamins are packaged in containers measuring 15–250 ml. Betta fish vitamin packaging is usually also equipped with a funnel-shaped lid that will make pouring easier.
This vitamin is very practical to use, you know. You simply drip the vitamin liquid into the betta fish container or aquarium. The liquid is also very soluble and combines with water. Apart from that, some betta fish vitamin products can also be mixed in fish feed.
Solid: Dissolved, suitable for large-scale betta fish or nurseries
Apart from being in liquid form, you can also find solid vitamins in betta fish. However, this solid type of vitamin product is still not as much as the liquid type. Solid type vitamins are usually in tablet form and must be dissolved in water. Solid vitamins usually take time to dissolve completely.
This type of vitamin is more recommended for large-scale use, for example nurseries in ponds. One tablet can be used for 5-10 liters of water. You can adjust to the needs of your betta fish pond.
② Know the ingredients if you want to give vitamins made from natural ingredients
Some vitamin products for betta fish contain natural ingredients, both as the main and complementary ingredients. The following contains natural ingredients that are usually found in betta fish vitamins.
Ketapang leaves, for treatment and make the hickey color mutation quickly
This leaf is claimed to have various benefits, especially as a medicine for various fish diseases. When your betta fish is sick, injured, and looks lethargic, try soaking ketapang leaves in the tank.
The color of the water will turn brown due to the release of tannic acid. This content acts as an antibacterial and antifungal so that injured fish can recover quickly and be active again.
The tannin acid content can also lower the pH of the water so that betta fish feel comfortable and not stressed. This will speed up the color mutation process in betta fish. Your favorite betta fish will look more attractive with beautiful and bright colors.
Another function of tannic acid is to reduce the hardness of water and darken the color of the water. The dark color of the water resembles the conditions of its natural habitat so that betta fish will feel comfortable. Currently, many betta fish vitamins are made from this leaf extract. You also don’t have to bother looking for ketapang leaves yourself.
Sappan wood, antioxidants reduce the risk of Hickey disease
Recently the use of sappan wood for the treatment of betta fish has also started to boom. Secang wood also has many benefits for betta fish, one of which is due to its antioxidant content. Antioxidants are believed to increase the stamina and strength of betta fish. Your pet betta fish will also avoid the risk of disease.
Secang wood contains phenolic and flavanoid compounds which function as antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Secang wood extract is also believed to help accelerate the regeneration of betta fish. If your betta’s fins or tail are torn or injured, you can add a drop of sappan wood extract to the tank water. As a result, the wound on the hickey is recovering more quickly.
③ Consider the vitamins already contained in the pellets
Vitamin products for betta fish can usually be mixed with feed or dissolved in water. Apart from these types of vitamins, you can also consider the vitamins that are already contained in fish pellets. Sometimes there are pellets that are equipped with certain vitamins. You can adjust the vitamin content in it to the needs of your betta fish.
One of the ingredients found in the pellets is spirulina. Spirulina contains many minerals and vitamins, such as magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin E. Pellet products with this content can be an alternative for those of you who like practical things. You don’t even have to bother giving vitamins separately.
10 Best Vitamin Recommendations for Betta Fish
Next, we will recommend the ten best vitamin products for betta fish, which we determined based on the selection method above. These products are carefully selected by considering product quality, buyer reviews, and the level of trust in the seller.
1. Betta Mastery Ketapang Leaf Extract
Those of you who are often confused about finding ketapang leaves for the care and treatment of betta fish, now you don’t need to worry. Betta Mastery provides a solution by releasing this product. This dark brown liquid is a natural betta fish vitamin extracted from ketapang leaves.
The almost bDisadvantage color indicates that the extract is of good quality. The price of this product is very affordable for 250 ml. Plus, you only need 1–2 caps per 2 liters of water for use. Save money, right?
- Provide natural nutrition from ketapang leaf extract
- Makes the water brown so that for some people the aquarium can seem less clean
2. Blitz Ich Premium Methylene Blue
This blue vitamin has long been known as a liquid to treat sick betta fish. Its uses include antifungal, antiparasitic, and treatment of poisoning and budding in betta fish. In addition to treatment, this dark blue liquid can also be used to prevent disease.
Its content is able to maintain water quality, especially during the spawning process so that fish eggs do not rot. You can make this product an alternative to vitamins outside of natural products at very affordable prices.
- The price is quite pocket friendly
- The blue color is quite intense, it can collide with the aquarium lighting that you have previously set
3. SG Fish Mineral Plus Tablets
Keep your betta fish’s mineral balance with this product. Sufficient minerals will make betta fish grow optimally. Mineral Plus Tablets are rich in minerals, such as sodium, calcium, magnesium, chloride and sulfate. This product is also equipped with vitamin C which can increase immunity so that fish do not get sick easily.
In addition to the above benefits, this product can also be used to treat various types of fish diseases. Vitamins in tablet form are suitable for those of you who maintain betta on a large scale. For breeders, you must try this product.
- Contains a variety of minerals, such as sodium, calcium, magnesium, chloride and sulfate which are beneficial for betta growth
- The size of the tablets is quite large, you need to crush them so that they dissolve faster
4. Demi Pellets Plus Spirulina pellets
Another betta fish vitamin product that is contained in the feed at once. This product is made from spirulina which is rich in benefits. In addition to accelerating color mutations, spirulina is also believed to strengthen the immune system and prevent stress. This product is equipped with vitamins, minerals, protein, fat, and fiber.
The size of the pellet which is only 500 microns will be very easy for your pet betta to consume. Interestingly, these pellets are made using imported raw materials with ISO 22000 standards and have been clinically tested. For those who are looking for certified betta fish vitamins, you can try this product.
- Easy for fish to consume because of the small pellet size
- Compared to other recommended products, the price is quite high
5. Betta Mastery Secang Wood Extract
Secang wood extract is one of the ingredients that can increase the stamina of betta fish. Betta fish that are in a healthy and comfortable environment will become more aggressive. Aggressive betta fish is an indicator of good health. If the fish looks sluggish, giving this product can make it agile and agile again.
We also recommend this product for fighting betta fish. The warm nature of sappan wood can increase the aggressiveness of fish against opponents. Apart from these benefits, this product can also be used to measure the pH level of fish habitat water, you know. If the pH is high, the water will turn brown. Meanwhile, if the pH is normal, the water will turn pink.
- The price is economical, the content is a lot
- It is not appropriate to use if you are keeping several betta in the same tank because they can pit against each other
6. FULLCOLOR Betta Fish Mutation Medicine
This product is a must-have if you are keeping multicolor betta fish. This medicine as well as vitamins for betta fish was specially created with a formula that can accelerate color mutations. You just need to give 3-4 drops of liquid per 1 liter of water. By giving regularly at least once a week, you will get brighter and more attractive betta fish colors.
For maximum results, you can also mix this liquid in the feed. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes before you give it to the betta fish. In addition to accelerating color mutations, this liquid can also increase fish immunity and accelerate the healing of sick fish.
- Able to help heal a sick hickey
- The dosage is quite high, reaching 3-4 drops per 1 liter
7. MAXFISH Spiruplus
This premium spirulina pellet is specially formulated to accelerate mutation and emphasize the color of betta fish. So, for those of you who are looking for vitamins in betta food, this is the answer.
This product contains lots of vitamins, minerals, and high protein which is good for fish growth. In addition, this product is also claimed to increase immunity and extend the life of your betta fish. There is no doubt about the quality because this product is made from selected ingredients.
- It is claimed to be able to increase the body’s resistance of betta fish
- It takes more time for this product to dissolve and be absorbed by the fish
8. Koukkai Antioxidant BDisadvantage Water & Vita-Liquid
Are you looking for vitamins for betta fish with various benefits? You can make your choice on this all-in-one formula product from Koukkai. The most unique benefit of this intensely colored liquid is its ability to mimic conditions like the fish’s natural habitat. Your pet betta fish will feel more comfortable and less stressed.
This antioxidant-rich product is made through the fermentation process of leaves. This product contains multivitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and vitamin C. This product is also equipped with amino acid and folic acid which increase appetite and optimize fish growth.
- Rich in amino acid and folic acid to support the growth and development of betta
- Does not contain antibiotics or chlorine to purify water
9. ISHCO Betta Booster
To face a contest, the betta fish must be in the best condition. Apart from being physically, betta fish must also be mentally stress-free in order to be able to give their best performance. Well, this one vitamin is claimed to be able to increase stamina as well as make betta fish avoid stress.
Interestingly, this product is suitable to be combined with various other betta fish vitamins that you have. This product is worth considering if you need betta vitamins to keep your beloved betta healthy during contest season.
- Can be combined its use with other fish vitamins
- It needs to be combined with salt so that the benefits are more optimal
10. Tribuana Tungga Dewi Flash Mutations
We recommend this product for betta fish owners. Giving this liquid to one month old betta fish can accelerate their color mutation. In addition, this product also serves to lighten the color of the scales. Betta fish breeders should also have this vitamin.
How to use it is very easy. Give 4-5 drops of this liquid to 2 liters of water, then let it sit for two days. Repeat giving this liquid every two days. Use this product until it runs out and see for yourself the benefits.
- Able to nourish the little fish though
- It needs to be used once every two days, it wears out faster
Common Questions About Vitamins for Betta Fish
As well as reviewing how to choose and product recommendations, we’ve also found popular questions about vitamins for betta fish. Check out the questions and answers below.
What are the signs that a betta fish is sick and needs vitamins?
The characteristics of a sick betta fish depend on the type of disease. However, sick betta fish have common symptoms, such as faded color, decreased appetite, and are more silent. Betta fish will look weak, move slowly, and often stay on the surface.
How to deal with sick betta fish?
Here are some treatment steps you can take if your pet hickey is sick:
- Quarantine fish to a new place, clean the aquarium, and change the water.
- Add the blue medicine or the water soaked in ketapang leaves if white spots appear or the color of the fish fades. However, if the fins tear or fall off, you can add antibiotics.
- Solitary aquarium water should be reduced to treat sick betta fish so that it is easier for betta fish to take air.
- Add salt to the aquarium water. Usually the amount of salt added is greater than for treating healthy fish to limit the growth of bacteria and fungi.
How to treat betta fish with a torn tail?
Torn fins or tails of betta fish can be caused by various things. Some of these are illness, stress, tail biting, and tail hitting aquarium decorations while swimming. Handling torn fins also depends on the severity. In general, here’s how to deal with torn fins in betta fish.
- If the tear is not severe, do a 25-50% water change. However, if the tear is severe, move your betta to a quarantine tank. Perform regular water changes during the handling process.
- Periodically check various water parameters, such as temperature and pH, to ensure that water conditions are good.
- Add 1–2 tablespoons of fish salt to the tank. Make sure the salt is completely dissolved before adding it to the tank.
- If the tear is severe, add antibiotics according to the instructions on the antibiotic product.
Besides being able to increase appetite and the immune system, betta fish vitamins can accelerate color mutations. Giving your betta fish vitamins that are sick or injured will also speed up their recovery. To get the best vitamin products for betta fish, you have to consider several things.
First, choose by type. Then, know the content if you want to give vitamins made from natural ingredients. Finally, also consider the vitamins contained in the pellets. Make this article as a guide to choose, yes!
5 Best Vitamin Recommendations for the Betta Fish
- Betta Mastery ｜Ketapang Leaf Extract
- Blitz Ich ｜Premium Methylene Blue
- SG Fish ｜Mineral Tablet Plus
- Demi Pellets ｜Pellets Plus Spirulina
- Betta Mastery ｜Secang Wood Extract
- 10 Best Aquarium Glass Cleaner Recommendations
- 10 Best Scented Cat Litter – Reviewed by Veterinarian
- Top 10 Best Aquascape Fan and Tips How to Choose it
- 10 Best Cat Grass – Reviewed by Veterinarian
- 10 Best Goldfish Food for Growth, Ponds and Swim Bladder
- Top 10 Best Pet Carriers Recommendation for your Lovely Cat