Dogzily.com – Router is a tool that functions to connect the internet network to various devices or other networks. One of the well-known router brands with good and the best quality is Tenda.
Tenda routers from China are available in many models and types, so you may be confused when choosing one. Below we have prepared tips on choosing a Tenda router, whether it has an internal, external or outdoor type antenna.
You will also get recommendations for good Tenda routers, such as the N301, AC7, O3, F3, and F6. This article has been reviewed by our software engineer, Yosua Surojo. Happy reading!
Collaborating With Experts: How To Choose A Tenda Router
Tenda routers come in a variety of models and features tailored to various needs. The main key in choosing this router is to adapt it to your needs. To make it even easier, see the following tips on choosing it!
① Select by antenna type
The antenna on the router functions to increase the range of the internet connection so that it can reach far places. Tenda router antennas are divided into two types, namely internal and external. Let’s know the difference by reading the explanation we prepared!
Internal: The body is more compact
The Tenda router, which is designed with an internal antenna, boasts a compact body so it won’t interfere with the interior of your home. This type of router can be installed anywhere either vertically or horizontally.
Unfortunately, the internet network emitted by this router is not as tight as a router that has an external antenna. Even so, this type of router is still effectively used in small buildings and consists of one floor.
External: The beam can be adjusted as needed
If you want a router that can cover a wider area, choose an external antenna. In addition to the longer range, you can also adjust the direction of the signal beam by changing the position of the antenna.
In fact, some of the newest Tenda routers are even equipped with features that can penetrate obstructions, such as thick walls. This router with an external antenna is ideal for buildings that are large in size and consist of several floors.
② Know the wireless standard and frequency
Wireless standards or wireless standards are a set of services and protocols that define how your internet network works. The standard used in wireless LANs is IEEE 802.11 which is equipped with letters after the numbers.
These wireless standards are distinguished by speed, transmission range, and frequency used. Generally, the higher the letter, the higher the network speed. Let’s learn more about each standard.
- 802.11a: This standard is one of the oldest wireless standards and is still widely used today. 802.11a has speeds of up to 54 Mbps on the 5 GHz frequency, but generally ranges from 6 to 24 Mbps. This Wi-Fi standard is not compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g.
- 802.11b: 802.11b provides a maximum transmission rate of 11 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz frequency. This standard is compatible with 802.11g and is the pioneer of the popularity of Wi-Fi.
- 802.11g: Introduced in 2003, this wireless standard is capable of speeds up to 54 Mbps at 2.4 GHz. Hence, this standard is widely adopted. 802.11g offers wireless transmission up to a distance of 150 feet (45 meters).
- 802.11n: This wireless standard operates on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies and supports multi-channel use. Each channel has a speed of 150 Mbps so that the maximum speed of this standard is 600 Mbps.
- 802.11ac: As the most widely used standard today, 802.11ac has very good transmission speed. This Wi-Fi standard supports speeds of up to 1300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. You can watch movies and play games without a hitch using this standard router.
③ Check the available mode options
Apart from being a router, Tenda products also usually have other modes or functions. Modes commonly found on Tenda routers are repeater, access point (AP), and Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP). The following is a brief explanation of the differences in each mode.
The main task of a router is to route or direct data packets from the modem to the receiver. In this case, the router acts as a bridge that connects devices, such as mobile phones, laptops and computers to the internet network. To be able to work, at least one router and one access point (AP) are needed.
- Access point
Access point is an additional device that functions to expand the internet connection so that it can connect more devices. Access point allows you to manage how many devices can connect to the network. Basically, routers can act as access points, but not all access points can be used as routers.
As the name implies, the repeater acts as a “repeater”. This tool or mode will capture the signal emitted by the router and forward it to a wider area. For example, the repeater will transmit the signal from the router on the lower floor so that it can reach the upper floors. Please note, a repeater will not function without a router and access point.
WISP mode allows you to create a new internet network sourced from the main network on the router. Even so, the new network is different from the main Wi-Fi network. Because of this, users of each network may not be able to see each other even if they have the same source.
④ Check the additional features
Not only does the choice of modes vary, Tenda routers are also equipped with other features that can meet your needs. Among these features, the Beamforming+ and MU-MIMO features are the easiest to find.
Beamforming+: Allows wider reach and focus on specific devices
The Beamforming+ feature on Tenda routers works to focus the Wi-Fi connection on a single device rather than scattering it in all directions. This feature is also able to minimize interruptions and allows you to enjoy a faster and more stable internet connection. In fact, Beamforming+ is also able to make the internet connection not decrease even if it is blocked by several walls or floors.
MU-MIMO: For a stable connection when connecting with multiple devices
Generally when many devices are connected simultaneously on a router, the internet speed will decrease. To overcome this, look for a Tenda router that is equipped with the MU-MIMO (Multi User, Multiple input, Multiple Output) feature. With this feature, the internet connection at your home or office will remain stable even if it is used by multiple devices simultaneously.
⑤ Use an outdoor Tenda router for wider coverage outdoors
If you want to transmit internet network outdoors, choose an outdoor Tenda router or Outdoor CPE. This product can act as a standalone router and transmit internet connection to the receiver.
Apart from that, you can also use this tool to shoot signals from the main router to a wider area. In fact, the area that can be covered by Tenda outdoor routers can reach distances of up to tens of kilometers.
Usually this tool is also equipped with a Station mode to make a wireless PtP or point-to-point connection. You can use it to provide a private internet connection, CCTV cameras, and data transmission. Tenda outdoor router is also supported by auto-bridging technology so that two CPEs can be automatically connected for easy setup.
Top 10 Tenda Router Recommendations
Next, we will recommend the ten best Tenda router products that we have determined based on the selection method above. These products are carefully selected by considering product quality, buyer reviews, and the level of trust in the seller.
1. Tenda Wireless N300 Easy Setup RouterF3
The availability of internet access at any time indeed makes life easier for you. However, it can also cause adverse effects, such as the emergence of internet addiction in children. If so, set your router’s on and off schedule using the Smart Wi-Fi Schedule feature on the Tenda F3 router.
Through wireless settings, you can set a schedule for turning on and off the Wi-Fi network as needed. If you suddenly need internet when the Wi-Fi schedule is off, you can easily turn it back on via the router. You can also filter who can access the internet using its Client Filter feature.
2. Tenda 5km Point to Point Outdoor CPEO3
Routers that are installed outdoors must be resistant to all conditions and weather so they are not easily damaged. For you, we recommend this Tenda O3 outdoor router .
This product is equipped with an IP64 feature that is resistant to dust and splashing water from all directions. This router will last a long time even if exposed to rain, hot sun, and extreme weather. This is the right option for those of you who are looking for a rugged router.
- The setting method is easy and loading each setting is quite fast
- Not suitable for access to many devices because it tends to be optimal for fellow outdoor devices
3. Tenda 600M Whole-Home Coverage Wi-Fi RouterF9
Supported by the Tenda Wi-Fi application, you can easily control this router anytime and anywhere via your smartphone. This product is perfect for those of you who prioritize practicality.
You can blacklist users and devices, manage power consumption, and check router status via smartphone. The Tenda application will also provide notifications regarding foreign devices that have just connected to your internet connection.
- Wi-Fi speed supports up to 600 Mb/s
- Does not support Wi-Fi 5 speed protocol yet
- Has no USB port
4. Tenda Wireless N300 Easy Setup RouterF6
By Tenda, this router is claimed to be energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Those of you who like a sustainable living lifestyle can consider buying it. There is also a bandwidth control feature so you can adjust the amount of bandwidth used.
Having three LAN ports, you can directly connect a TV, laptop and PC at the same time. Each external antenna is rated at 5 dBi so that your entire room is ensured to be properly covered.
- Equipped with four external antennas and supports beamforming technology
- Not yet supporting dual band networks, still single band 2.4 GHz
5. Tenda 2.4GHz 8dBi Outdoor CPEO1
Tenda O1 is ideal for those of you who want to build a long-distance internet network in the range of 500 meters. This tool is of the outdoor type so it can withstand all weather and is IP65 certified which is water resistant.
Besides functioning as a Wi-Fi router, this tool can also be used as an access point bridge. This technology is useful if you want to capture or send internet data to only one client. The price, which is in the range of 300 thousand, can also be an economical choice for those of you who are looking for a quality outdoor Tenda router.
- Able to capture Wi-Fi signal from outdoor and indoor
- It is IP65 certified which is water and dust resistant
- There are reviewers who say they need an additional indoor router to get stable internet speed on mobile phones
6. Tenda Wireless N300 Easy Setup RouterN301
The N 301 is one of the most popular Tenda routers on the market. Apart from being cheap, the specifications are just right for light internet use at home. The features are also functional, such as the Parental Control feature which manages internet access on connected devices.
This feature is useful for preventing children from accessing dangerous and inappropriate content for their age. In addition, you will also easily place this router in your home because of its compact design.
- Its function is complete, it can be a router, repeater, WISP, and access point
- Not strong enough to catch Wi-Fi signals in remote areas and lots of obstacles
7. Tenda AC2100 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi RouterAC23
Compared to other Tenda routers, this product has more external antennas, namely seven antennas. Plus a full gigabit port ( full gigabit ports ), this tool is capable of transferring data quickly up to 1,000 Mbps.
Tenda AC23 also supports the internet protocol IPv6 which can reduce data transmission time and minimize lag. Therefore, don’t miss this product if you expect a superfast internet connection at home.
- Supports dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks
- Has no USB port
8. Tenda N300 Wi-Fi 4G LTE Router4G03
This router is worth having if you live in an area that has not been passed by cable internet or fiber optic networks. Since this product uses an LTE network, you only need to insert the SIM card into the router. You can immediately enjoy an internet connection without the need for special settings.
When you are on vacation or traveling and you need an internet connection for multiple gadgets at once, just rely on this router. If you are not satisfied with the performance of the internal antenna, you can install an additional external antenna in the special slot.
- There are two options for internet sources, SIM card slot and ethernet
- Not yet portable, must use an electric power supply
9. Tenda AC1200 Smart Dual-Band WiFi RouterAC7
Those of you who like to play games will get a better gaming experience with this router. Playing online games or streaming 4K videos is guaranteed to be smooth and hassle-free. All thanks to a 28 nm CPU, independent power amplifiers, and five wall-to-wall 5 dBi high-gain antennas.
Its Realtek chipset will provide you with a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection. Therefore, this product is also worth having for those of you who own an internet cafe (cafe) and game rental business.
- Equipped with five external 5 dBi antennas to reach every corner of the room
- There is no USB port
10. Tenda 5GHz 11ac 23dBi Gigabit Outdoor CPEO9
The coverage area of this outdoor tent router is very wide because it reaches 25 km. The signal emitted is also stable, making it ideal for CCTV installations in large areas, such as districts or cities. Even though its position is outdoors, you don’t need to worry about its safety. Armed with an IP 65 certificate, this router is water and dust resistant. It can even withstand lightning strikes.
- Suitable for remote Wi-Fi access
- Lightning resistant up to 6KV
- It is unknown the type of processor and the amount of memory used
Above, we have presented tips on choosing along with ten Tenda router recommendations for you. Of the products we’ve recommended, are there any that you’ve put on your shopping list?
Apart from the things above, network speed, the number of people using it, to the room layout also need to be considered when choosing a router. Next, choose a product that suits your needs and doesn’t exceed the funds you have prepared. good luck!
The 5 best Tenda Routers recommendations
- Tenda｜Wireless N300 Easy Setup Router｜F3
- Tenda｜5km Point to Point Outdoor CPE｜O3
- Tenda｜600M Whole-Home Coverage Wi-Fi Router｜F9
- Tenda｜Wireless N300 Easy Setup Router｜F6
- Tenda｜2.4GHz 8dBi Outdoor CPE｜O1
- UK Best Dating Apps Free Chat & Meet New People & Love
- Best Apps to Video Call Stranger and Make A New Friend
- 15 List of The Best Games for Nintendo Switch Lite to Play
- Video Maker Best Apps For Beginner Free On Android
- 30 The Best Games on Roblox to Play With Friends
- Apple Watch Best Apps You Must Install & Try