Dogzily.com – Laptops have become part of the daily activities of most people. One type of operating system on a laptop is Chrome, which comes from Google. Laptops with the Chrome operating system are called Chromebooks. Chromebooks have various advantages compared to normal laptops, one of which is that they are free of malware.
If you’re interested in Chromebooks, we’ll introduce them to you. Tips on how to choose a good product are in this article. There are also various recommendations for the best Chromebooks, such as the ASUS, Lenovo, Acer, and Samsung brands. This article has been reviewed by our software engineer, Yosua Surojo. Watch this article to the end!
The Difference Between Chromebooks And Laptops In General
In simple terms, Chromebooks are devices, both laptops and tablets, that use the Chrome operating system. Chromebooks are now in great demand because in addition to their superfast boot, their features make work very easy.
The price is also relatively cheaper than ordinary laptops, you know. Let’s look at some of the other advantages of Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks are very easy to use, even for beginners
The Chromebook interface is similar to Android which has lots of icons. You can also download various applications through the Play Store. Please note, Chromebooks don’t allow apps from third parties other than the Play Store or Chrome Web Store.
- Chromebooks are more resistant to malware or virus attacks
Chromebooks are equipped with built-in virus protection which is updated automatically by Google. There is also a built-in security chip which encrypts all your data. No need to bother installing antivirus, data and device security is guaranteed.
- The various advanced features that Chromebooks have make work very easy
Call it scanning documents using a camera and you can save the results in PDF or image format. There is also a Select to Speak feature which is very helpful for dyslexic users or those with visual impairments.
- Your Chromebook can open and organize dozens of browser tabs for you
This latest feature can group browser tabs into different windows according to the virtual desk.
Unfortunately, Chromebooks also have a drawback, namely you need to be connected to the internet to use it to its full potential. You can still access some data and use certain apps while offline. However, you must download the data and enable offline access first. Chromebooks are also not suitable for gamers.
How To Choose A Chromebook
Choosing a Chromebook is not much different from choosing a laptop in general. However, we’ll introduce some of the unique features you’ll find on Chromebooks. The points below can help you in choosing the product. Come on, listen!
① Consider Chromebook according to device type: Laptop, 2-in-1 laptop, or tablet
Chromebooks come in several types of devices. Currently, some laptops, 2-in-1 laptops, and tablets have the Chrome operating system. You can choose a Chromebook based on the type of device that is comfortable to use.
- Laptop, standard device for work and study
This device has a screen and keyboard together. The screen and keyboard opening anglesare also limited, but this device is still comfortable to use.
- 2-in-1 laptop, a combined device between a laptop and a tablet
Its use is flexible according to your needs. This device is further divided into convertible and detachable. Convertable is a device model where the keyboard and screen are integrated. Conversely, detachable is a device whose screen can be separated from the keyboard.
- Tablets, devices that are practical to carry anywhere
Tablet is a device that is suitable for you with high mobility. Its light size makes it easy for you to carry it. However, tablets do not have a keyboard, making it difficult for you to type. Tablets are better for checking e-mail or children’s play media. Unfortunately, Chromebook tablets are difficult to find in the Indonesian marketplace.
② Customize the processor according to your needs: Intel Celeron, Intel Core, AMD, or Snapdragon
The use of the processor in a device will affect performance. Chromebooks use multiple processors from Intel, AMD, and Snapdragon. Each processor certainly has its own advantages. We’ll review which processors are commonly used in Chromebooks so you can consider the best product.
Intel Celeron: More economical price for light activities
Most Chromebooks use Intel Celeron processors. It’s no wonder that many Chromebooks are sold at affordable prices. The Intel Celeron processor is a very practical processor for light activities.
You can use it to type, send email, or conduct online meetings. Unfortunately, Intel Celeron does not support your device to run heavy games. Intel Celeron is indeed more suitable for working or studying with light applications.
Intel Core: Best performance for heavy workloads
Some premium Chromebook series use Intel Core because they can support heavier jobs. By using an Intel Core processor, you can run programs with better graphics.
For those of you who work multitasking and have a lot to do with detailed graphics, we recommend an Intel Core processor. Intel Core is further divided into M, i3, i5, and the highest i7. Currently, Chromebooks with Intel Core processors that are easy to find on the market use the i3 series.
AMD: A viable alternative to Intel
AMD doesn’t want to be left behind in producing processors for Chromebooks, namely AMD A4-9120C and A6-9220C. Each variant has a maximum turbo speed of 2.4 GHz (A4) and 2.7 GHz (A6), and is based on a dual core. Light computing activities, such as browsing, video streaming, and other applications can be easily handled by AMD.
In terms of price, AMD processors focus on value, making Chromebooks more affordable to buy. This entry-level processor made specifically to drive Chromebooks is suitable for you to choose as an alternative to Intel processors.
Snapdragon: Power efficient and supports 4G LTE
Qualcomm Snapdragon is no stranger to smartphone users. Its toughness as a driving force for smartphones is recognized because it offers stable performance and power efficiency. In fact, Qualcomm also provides Snapdragon processors for Chromebook devices, one of which is the Snapdragon 7c.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c with a speed of 2.55 GHz is made for entry-level laptops with light computing activities. This processor computing is designed for devices that are always connected to the internet.
It’s no wonder that the Snapdragon 7c supports the 4G LTE network. Snapdragon also maintains its advantage in power efficiency so that the battery lasts longer.
③ Choose a Chromebook screen size of 10–13 inches for high mobility and 14–15 inches for home use
Chromebook size is also something you need to consider. So, here are recommendations for Chromebook screen sizes that you can consider.
- Chromebooks measuring 10–13 inches are suitable for those of you who have fairly high mobility. Its smaller size makes Chromebooks lighter in weight.
- Chromebooks 14–15 inches are perfect for home or office use. The larger screen size makes it easier for you to see the screen. This size is also suitable for watching movies.
However, you also need to consider the number of available ports. Usually, the smaller and thinner the size of the laptop, the fewer ports it has. You may be missing some ports, for example the HDMI port. You could buy a port connection, but that would be impractical.
The 10 Best Chromebooks Recommendation
Next, we will recommend the ten best Chromebook products that we have determined based on the voting method above. These products are carefully selected by considering product quality, buyer reviews, and the level of trust in the seller. Our products are sorted by their popularity on the Shopee marketplace.
1. HP Chromebook 11 G8 Education Edition
Looking for a powerful Chromebook for home study? Try the HP Chromebook 11 G8 Education Edition. HP designed this product for student learning activities.
Features resistant to falling from the table, anti splash liquid soda, and others are in this product. They are all designed for accidental scenarios of accidental use by children or adolescents.
Opening applications while studying is guaranteed to run smoothly thanks to the Intel Celeron N4020 processor and 4 GB of RAM. Equipped with a backlight keyboard, this laptop is still comfortable to use in low light rooms. Anyway, this Chromebook sells for under 4 million, you know. So, it’s no wonder this product is selling well in the market.
- The battery life lasts up to 14 hours of use
- Fanless passive cooling system, safe to use on bed
- Thick screen frame with polycarbonate outer body so it is impact resistant
- RAM is limited to only 4 GB and cannot be upgraded anymore
- Its appearance resembles a rugged laptop, less contemporary
2. Samsung Chromebook 4 XE310XBA-KA2ID
If your activity is a lot of typing, you certainly need a comfortable keyboard. You can choose Samsung Chromebok 4 because it has an ergonomic keyboard design. The keycaps are designed to curve following the contours of the fingers so that they are comfortable and precise when used to type.
In addition, the screen is anti-reflective so that the display is still clearly visible when in a bright place. This product has a tiny screen dimension, which is 11.6 inches, making it suitable for study activities or light work. Its small and light shape makes this product easy to carry anywhere.
- The shape of the laptop is thin, practical and light to carry
- Ergonomic design, comfortable to use
- Equipped with the Google Play Store default application, it makes it easier for you to access various learning applications
- The processor is Intel Celeron N4020, not suitable for playing games
3. HP Chromebooks e114
Currently, HP is one of the most popular Chromebook brands and is much liked by students. The reason is because HP presents a friendly Chromebook for students. One of them is this Chromebook e114 product. With a 14-inch screen, you can see the screen more comfortably when doing tasks or working.
Not only that, this product also offers a camera with 720P HD resolution. In fact, this product is also equipped with ROM up to 64 GB. For work or business needs, leave it to this Chromebook!
- Equipped with ROM up to 64 GB and can be upgraded with external storage up to 64 GB
- Equipped with a fast charging feature of 50% in 45 minutes
- The screen is not equipped with a touchscreen feature
4. Asus Chromebooks C423
Need a professional Chromebook with a comfortable, anti-glare screen? You can consider this product. The Chromebook C423 from ASUS is an enterprise series aimed at professionals. Your work productivity is supported by a 14-inch screen that is easy on the eyes because it has an anti-glare FHD matte resolution.
Moreover, this laptop’s touch screen already carries the NanoEdge design, which is a thin screen frame with a screen-to-body ratio reaching 78%. With a thin bezel, you can more freely play the stylus pen because the screen design is quite roomy.
- It is equipped with an overclock feature so that the laptop speeds up to 1.1 GHz
- The screen is anti-glare, no more annoying light reflections
- The screen bezel is quite thin and slim, which is 5.8 mm
- Not equipped with a backlight feature, making it difficult to type in a minimally lit room
5. Acer Chromebook Spin 513 CP513-1H-S4QB
The Acer Chromebook Spin 513 can be considered if you’re looking for a Chromebook with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
This product is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c processor with a speed of 2.55 GHz which is capable of running Chrome OS smoothly. One of the advantages of this processor is its power efficiency which can last up to 14 hours in a fully charged condition.
This ultraportable convertible Chromebook is designed by Acer for mobile users. It weighs less than 1.2 kilograms so it’s light to carry on business trips or daily use at home. The FHD IPS touch screen is also scratch-resistant because it is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass. An interesting product that is a shame to miss, right?
- Premium body appearance with metal wrapping at the top and bottom
- The design is convertible, can be changed into laptop or tablet mode
- Using a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the laptop can last up to 14 hours
- Not suitable for content creators who often use heavy applications when creating
6. Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook 2-in-1
Do you often travel on business? If so, the Chromebook laptop from Lenovo is for you. This ultraportable laptop with Chrome OS can be turned into a tablet, tent or display. The shape is flexible thanks to a screen hinge that can rotate up to 360°. Therefore, this product is suitable for office workers, students, and students.
Unlike other laptop models, Lenovo uses a special AMD processor for this Chromebook. So, it’s not surprising that its products are always known to have high productivity.
In fact, Lenovo has also equipped this laptop with the ThinkShield feature which will protect the identity of the owner. Plus, this laptop uses an IPS panel so the image is very sharp.
- Equipped with the ThinkShield feature, user data and identity are safer
- Flexible design, can change into four modes, namely laptop, tablet, tent, and display
- Some reviews say the speaker sound is relatively small
7. Acer Chromebook Spin 511 R752T/R752TN
Are you looking for a student laptop with capable graphics? If so, try choosing this product from Acer. Well, this flip model laptop is equipped with Intel UHD Graphics 600 graphics so that the screen looks more real.
In addition, the monitor screen hinge can be folded up to 360 degrees and made into four modes. In fact, this laptop already supports touch screens for operation, you know.
Moreover, this laptop is also coated with screen technology to a waterproof keyboard. Students are also guaranteed to be comfortable using this laptop at any time.
- Equipped with Intel UHD Graphics 600 type graphics so that the screen display is more real
- Flexible, the monitor screen can be rotated up to 360°
- Equipped with an Intel Celeron N4120 processor, capable of running heavy gaming applications
- It doesn’t have a backlit keyboard so it’s less comfortable when typing in low light
8. Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5
Typically, Chromebooks use Intel Celeron processors. However, this time Lenovo is using an Intel Core i3 processor which is available in Gen 10 and Gen 11 variants. Of course, a processor like this can be relied upon to run Chrome OS and various existing applications.
Not only the latest generation of processors, Lenovo also embedded Intel Wi-Fi 6 which is the latest generation of Wi-Fi technology. This Wi-Fi has a maximum speed of up to 9.6 Gbps which makes streaming and downloading activities faster.
With quite high specifications in the Chromebook class, this product is suitable for studying, working, or just for streaming.
- Available in two options, namely Intel Core i3 Gen 10 and Gen 11
- Equipped with Wi-Fi with a maximum speed of up to 9.6 Gbps
- The camera is less than optimal for video conferencing or online meetings
9. Lenovo Chromebooks 300e
If you are looking for a laptop for learning media, try choosing this Lenovo Chromebook 300e. This second-generation Chromebook is specifically designed to aid student learning. Equipped with a MediaTek processor, this Chromebook runs very smoothly educational applications, especially interactive ones.
Interestingly, this laptop is equipped with an external facing camera that makes it easy for you to explore the surroundings. Doing learning via Google Meet to Hangouts is even more fun.
What’s more, this laptop can change into four modes, namely laptop, tablet, tent, and stand. So, when your child takes this laptop to school, it’s super easy, right?
- The body has a rubber protector, the laptop remains safe even if it falls from a height of up to 75 cm
- Uses MediaTek processors so interactive educational applications run smoothly
- The camera faces outwards making it easier for you to explore and record the outside world
- Using soldered 4GB RAM, RAM cannot be added
10. ASUS Chromebook Flip C214 C214MA
ASUS Chromebook Flip C214 comes in a rugged 2-in-1 convertible model. This product is claimed to be resistant to accidents, such as falling, bumping, rolling or spills. No wonder this product also has a military grade standard with high durability testing.
The port on this Chromebook passed the 5,000 cycle test endurance. In addition, the hinge also passes the 50,000 open and close test cycles. Plus, the touch screen supports a stylus pen so it can provide an innovative and creative learning experience. Often bring a laptop to work outdoors? You should consider this product.
- Equipped with an anti-spill keyboard feature so it is safe from water spills
- Passing the standard military grade endurance test, the body remains sturdy even when it is hit by an object weighing 30 kg
- Equipped with a stylus pen that integrates with the laptop body, practical to use
- Not suitable for running heavy tasks
Google is working with various well-known laptop brands to launch Chromebooks. Of course Chromebooks have various specifications, ranging from storage capacity, size, to other features. Chromebooks are also sold as laptops, 2-in-1 laptops, and tablets. Choose the one that suits your needs.
We hope you will be helped by the information we provide. Don’t forget to buy a Chromebook that doesn’t exceed your budget, OK? Have a smooth day with your Chromebook!
The 5 best Chromebook recommendations
- HP ｜Chromebook 11 G8 Education Edition
- Samsung ｜Chromebook 4 ｜XE310XBA-KA2ID
- HP ｜Chromebook e114
- Asus ｜Chromebook C423
- Acer ｜Chromebook Spin 513 ｜CP513-1H-S4QB